Zermatt Kollektiv Restaurant Manager Job Description
Reporting to: Managing Director/Executive Chef
Zermatt Kollektiv has a professional and proficient Restaurant Manager who leads all aspects of our restaurant business. The role delivers a high-quality menu and motivates our staff to provide excellent customer service.
The Zermatt Kollektiv Restaurant Manager responsibilities include maintaining the restaurant’s revenue, profitability and quality goals. The role ensures efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards. The role also includes the management of the Lodge Accomodation above the restaurant.
To be successful in this role, the Restaurant Manager needs management skills and experience in both front and back of house. We want you to know how to oversee the dining room, check-in with customers and balance seating capacity. Back of the house management experience is also essential, as you’ll hire qualified Cooks and Wait Staff, set work schedules, oversee food prep and make sure we comply with health and safety restaurant regulations.
We’ll expect you to lead by example and uplift our staff during busy moments in our fast-paced environment. Ultimately, you will ensure our restaurant runs smoothly and customers have pleasant and memorable dining experiences.
- Coordinate daily Front of House and Back of House restaurant operations
- Deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
- Regularly review product quality and research new vendors
- Organize and supervise shifts
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
- Estimate future needs for goods, kitchen utensils and cleaning products
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
- Manage restaurant’s good image and suggest ways to improve it
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste
- Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly and annual revenues and expenses
- Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and restaurant events
- Recommend ways to reach a broader audience (e.g. discounts & social media ads)
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices
- Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations
- Proven work experience as a Restaurant Manager, Restaurant General Manager, Hospitality Manager or similar role
- Proven customer service experience as a manager
- Extensive food and beverage (F&B) knowledge, with ability to remember and recall ingredients and dishes to inform customers and wait staff
- Familiarity with restaurant management software and EPOS Systems
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Acute financial management skills
- BSc degree in Business Administration; hospitality management or culinary schooling is a plus but not required
- Fluent in German and English
- French and Swiss language skills preferred
Apply now, by sending your CV and motivation to: email@example.com