Bookkeeper Job Description
Reporting to: Business Manager
The Zermatt Kollektiv are looking for a skilled part-time freelance Bookkeeper to maintain our financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts and payments.
Bookkeeper job duties include working closely with our staff and Business Manager to create and analyse financial reports and ensure legal requirements compliance, process accounts payable and receivable and manage invoices and tax payments. Our ideal candidate holds a Finance qualification (preferably followed by accounting CPE courses), can speak and produce reports in both English & German and is familiar with accounting software packages, like Sage.
Ultimately, the Bookkeeper’s responsibilities are to accurately record all day-to-day financial transactions of our company.
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct day book, suppliers ledger, customer ledger and general ledger
- Bring the books to the trial balance stage
- Perform partial checks of the posting process
- Complete tax forms and ensure transactions are correctly recorded for tax purposes
- Enter data, maintain records and create management reports and financial statements
- Process accounts receivable/payable and handle payroll in a timely manner
- Proven bookkeeping experience
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Proficiency in English, German and in MS Office
- Flexibilty to produce accounts and management reports in both English and German
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Suitable Bookkeeping qualifications